Friday, September 10, 2010

Holy Angels Football

F Holy Angels_025

 

 

If I could choose, today, to be anything it would definitely be a sports photographer. From what I hear it’s really hard to get into unless you know someone though. Also, I believe, in sports photography it is really imperative you have the best of the best as far as equipment goes. You need fast lenses and multiple cameras to keep up with the action. Many times you will also have low lighting which is another reason you need a camera that can handle a high ISO and still produce high quality images.

 

F Holy Angels_019

 

 

 

 

I have some kick ass lenses but there is still one more I need, and I definitely need to upgrade my camera. Of course either of these will set me back many thousands of dollars but I’m working on them!

 

 

F Holy Angels_099

 

 

 

I had the opportunity to shoot the Holy Angels high school football game at the Star Dome. A friend, of a friends sister, (isn’t Facebook grand?) hooked me up with access to the sideline. (See you do need to know someone.)

 

 

F Holy Angels_133

 

 

Weather.com was calling for rain and I was praying it would stay away. Well it did, you know, until game time! I didn’t have rain gear for my camera but I was going to figure it out when I was out on the sideline. I did have rain gear for myself, I’ll just tuck it up under my coat between plays and hope for the best, I thought.

 

 

 

 

F Holy Angels_142

 

 

Well it rained the whole first half but lucky for me the video guy, who was my hook up to get in, had an extra rain bag for his video camera and he let me borrow it. I love the rain, I love football, I love football in the rain but I don’t love rain on my camera, at all! But I learned that a little rain on my equipment it’s the end of the world, but I will be buying my own camera rain gear real soon!

 

 

F Holy Angels_076

 

 

 

 

 

None of the players or spectators seemed to mind the rain. The players were definitely focused on the game, the cheerleaders kept smiling and the spectators where loud and proud of their Holy Angels football team, rain or no rain, they still came out.

 

 

 

 

F Holy Angels_214

 

The Holy Angels Stars scored first, but missed the conversion. At half time the score was 6-0. In the second half New Prague Trojans scored a touchdown but made the extra point, score now 6-7. Holy Angels were unable to score again so New Prague took the victory.

 

 

F Holy Angels_243

 

 

As you can see the coach was not happy being a few minutes away from a loss and did not like a call the officials made. I could see he is very passionate about his football team.

 

 

 

 

F Holy Angels_254

 

 

I do hope to shoot some more games as well as other sports. Maybe even meet some people in the sports photography world who can help me to gain access into more venues. But for now I enjoyed this night and would love to be back for their home coming game in two weeks. Well see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are great good job!! The rain pictures are awesome..........

    ReplyDelete