Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Schell’s Brewery Tour – A Copper Kettle and Free Beer

Blog 1

 

 

My brother was in town for two weeks and we went down to Sleepy Eye, MN to visit Grandma. One of my cousins took us to New Ulm for a tour of Schell’s Brewery. I’m not sure if I would call it much of a tour, they talked about how the control of the brewery was passed down thru the family, then showed us a large copper kettle that cost $25,000 way back around 1885 (when the family mansion cost $5,000 just a few years before), and then gave us a beer taste test. LOL Not much of a tour. I would have liked to see more of the process of brewing. Maybe there are too many secrets in there…

Blog 3

 

 

 

We were able to try about 6 different beers they brew and then we could pick any flavor and get a full class of beer of that. I didn’t care for too many of them, Firebrick was about the only one I cared for.

 

Blog 2         Blog 5

 

A large 12 pack of beer &

the famous copper kettle! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment