Friday, July 30, 2010

Isanti County Fair

Isanti CF_0028

 

I am definitely a bigger fan of the smaller county fairs then the Minnesota State Fair, although this one was really small! Since I went on a Friday there were not to many people there but I was surprised by the number that was there.

It was fun watching the smaller kids on the little rides. The girls expression to the left just made me smile. They were having a good time on the ride, that is for sure.Isanti CF_0030

 

 

 

 

 

Isanti CF_0012

 

 

The thing I liked most was watching the teenage females doing the barrel races. You could really get a feel for how comfortable the rider was with their horse when they went to turn around those barrels. Actually, you could also tell how comfortable the horse was with the ride that was directing them around the barrels. I think they can detect any nervousness in the rider.

Isanti CF_0014

 

 

 

The horse pictured above is the smallest one I saw in the barrel race, but it did really well.

Isanti CF_0008

 

 

 

One of the main reasons I wanted to go to this fair is because of the promise for a skateboard park and all the great shots I could get there. Well, the set up was so lame I didn’t even bother to get out the camera. Maybe next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment