Friday, July 16, 2010

Citizen Surveillance

6 F

 

I like to go out and people watch, we can be such an interesting species. Most of the time I try to fade into the background, but that doesn’t always work. For this picture I was across the street and down the block using my 300mm lens and one of them still saw me.

I found this an interesting combo of people sitting on the same bus bench, I love how it turned out. I like how she saw me and I only image that she is wondering if I am taking a picture of them.

7 F

 

Walking around downtown you see an array of interesting people and performers. On Thursday’s the Farmers Market sets up on Nicollet Mall downtown Minneapolis. There tends to be more performers on Nicollet Mall on Thursdays too, since there are more people drawn there.

 

 

 

I also went down for the Stone Arch Bridge Art Fair. One of the performing artists there was MADIBA [Muh•Dee•Buh]. This uniquely innovative performance duet has auspiciously adopted the South African leader, Nelson Mandela's widely known nickname. E.G. Bailey and Shá Cage respectively from Liberia and Mississippi represent the diasporic legacy of the continent of Africa and the American South. Theirs is a performance collaboration blending and bending words, layered voices, and cacophonous rhythms reminiscent of Sekou Sundiata mixed with Jessica Care Moore.

It was definitely a little different but also very interesting music.

 2 F

I also really like to watch what kids do. They can be very interesting little studies. I love the intense look on this little girls face as she is showing off her martial arts skills at the Dragon Boat Festival. She definitely looks like she is into it.

3 F

This lady was intently watching the cultural dancing at the Dragon Boat Festival.

When I was in North Dakota and stopped at the Painted Canyon over look rest stop I was surprised when a couple look out over the canyon had this little kitten with them. I don’t think cats are much for traveling but maybe when you start them young they don’t mind it as much!

 

 

 

 

More random street photography, these were taken in Wisconsin.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment