Sunday, June 10, 2012

Oceanside, CA – Beach & Pier

E Oceanside Beach_63June 5th SMALLVW

 

The closest beach to me is Oceanside beach. One day last week I went for a walk, just me and my camera down the pier. These are some of the sights I saw. I really like these little VWs now. This one is definitely missing a rack for a surf board though!

 

 

 

E Oceanside Beach_15June 5th SMALL

 

 

E Oceanside Beach_08June 5th SMALLApparently this is Charlie, he hangs out on the pier all the time. The action is due to the fact that you human feed him. :) I got an up close and personal look at him and I don’t think I would want to be near the end of his bill, there is a very defined point at the end to hook you with!

 

 

E Oceanside Beach_11June 5th SMALL

 

 

You will see plenty of fishing off of the pier. They were catching fish and clams this day. Most the people fishing have quite the set up, E Oceanside Beach_14June 5th SMALLyou can tell they have been here before! All the gear they need being pulled in on their little red wagons… the birds were there fishing too.

 

 

 

 

 

E Oceanside Beach_04June 5th SMALLE Oceanside Beach_95June 5th SMALL

 

 

Of course, it’s the ocean, it’s southern California, you will see surfers as well. There were not a whole lot out today, and even less were actually getting up on the board, but I did manage to catch a few “catching the wave”.

       E Oceanside Beach_59June 5th SMALL

 

 

 

 

 

I really like this picture of the life guard tower and his surf board. It’s a big job being a life guard out here. Lots of people, some not familiar with the ocean, and currents. A lot of ocean to watch and a lot of force to swim against.   

No comments:

Post a Comment