Friday, June 8, 2012

Gillespie Air Show – El Cajon, CA

Well I really have some catching up to do! Wow, I haven’t posted at all this month.

DSC_3681 SMALL 

On June 2nd, I drive out to El Cajon, California to see the Gillespie Air Show. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get some great shots as well as see some more of the state of California.DSC_3696 SMALL El Cajon is about 45 miles South - Southeast of where I am staying. It was a nice day for a drive and of course beautiful weather, like most days here in Southern California. :)

 

 

 

 

DSC_3704 SMALL

 

 

I arrived about 1pm, parked, paid my entrance fee and entered the show. I was disappointed to see the aircraft on display roped off. DSC_3688 SMALL I like to be able to shoot from all angles of the aircraft but you do what you can do with what is made available.

 

 

DSC_3832 SMALL

 

What I really liked was the WWII flying reenactments that they did. They had about eight aircraft flying at one time, and awesome special effects. As the planes would fly over the runway DSC_3740 SMALL they had the pyro guys out there blowing stuff up as if the aircraft were dropping bombs.

 

 

 

 

DSC_3844 SMALL

 

Anytime there is stuff getting blown up its a good time right? :) When the Japanese aircraft flow over they had the sounds of it getting shot at from the ground. Still good but not as good as stuff getting DSC_3825 SMALLblown up… LOL

 

 

 

 

DSC_3702 SMALL

 

So I was standing on the proper side of the rope shooting the this plane and an older gentleman walks up and says, “if you are taking pictures they don’t care if you go on the other side of the rope” I looked left, then right, the left again, I looked at the guy and said, “I don’t see anyone else on the other side of the rope.” He was holding up the rope for me to go under and said, “no guts, no glory right?” Ah geez… as I was dipping under I said, “that’s right!” LOL So I’m on the wrong side of the rope taking different angles and he suddenly says, “you better hurry up before they see you!” LMAO OK, WTH! “you just said it was ok, are you trying to get me in trouble?” I said. “HAHAHA” He said. It’s ok, I’d do it again!

 

Some more of the aircraft I saw, including this little Russian guy in the middle!

DSC_3709 SMALL DSC_3717 SMALL DSC_3719 SMALL

1 comment:

  1. I like these pictures and I am certain you have more to show off. I cant wait to see everything you shot during your entire trip.

    I love the rope story...LOL

    ReplyDelete